phess wrote:Here is what I did to get it to work.
1. Use the settings by the original poster
2. Take sim card out of iphone and put into old phone, in this case a treo 650
3. call att and tell them I need to use the treo for a day and want MMS back . Give them the IMEI # of the old phone. They had to remove the iphone from my account which includes iphone txt messaging, data, and voicemail. However they replace it with the medianet equivalent $30 unlimited and my 1500 txt messages which I had before.
4. Send a pic message from the Treo after the att rep says the changes have been made, if it sends you are good.
5. put sim card back into iphone and go to swirly. I had 2 messages in my outbox that sent immediately. I then had a friend send me a pic and I sent one from my pc to my number @mms.att.net, both worked.
NOW the only problem I have right now is no voicemail... at all... so Im trying to figure out how to get that back.
Again my data plan is still $30 and my txt plan is still $15, they just have different names for older phones.
Internet and exchange activesync still work fine on my iphone
Im guessing Im going to have to call att back and say switch back to Iphone plans and see if they can keep the medianet on my plan somehow, because I do need voicemail, I have none currently it just rings and rings and then gives a busy tone
Phess check in later today or tomorrow and let us know if MMS is still working. Mine worked fine for a few hours, see my post above. Also, are you on a family plan at all?